Valentine's day

Feb 4, 2010


Valentine's day is around the corner. For Japanese, this is the time when females get the chance to show their affection by giving chocolates or presents to the guys they like. It's a big thingy in Japan. It's celebrated by females from age 7 to the more matured ladies. How do I know? Well, my colleague who is a mother to a 7 year-old girl is looking for a chocolate recipe. Saying that this year too, the daughter would like to make chocolate and give to the boy he admires for the past 2 years. My another colleague who has a masseur boyfriend complained that she would be fat during the Valentines because her handsome boyfriend would be getting lots of chocolates from his 'auntie clients aging from 50 to 70 years old'.

By the way, my son who is going to turn 5 this month asked about Valentine's day after watching a commercial about valentines chocolate. He asked his father, 'Daddy, what shall I do on Valentine's day? Shall I grab a girl and hold her hands?'. I laughed and walked away. Letting my husband to take his turns to give him a 'man to man' serious discussion.


0 comments:

Post a Comment