Happy birthday!

Jul 10, 2010

Happy birthday to me!
The 7th of July was my birthday but unfortunately it fell on a weekday so we didn't get to celebrate until yesterday.

So where did we go?

First we went and surveyed for a waterproof video camera. We decided to buy a Sanyo's latest digicam/videocam Xacti DMX-CA100. Yoohoo, so that was my birthday present this year. Thank you darling.


While we were trying to decide between Sushi or udon for dinner, my son pointed at a red building and said that he wanted to go there. It was the Big Echo. A karaoke box. Ah, he must have remembered our last year's celebration. Karaoke for birthday celebration again? Actually we kind of liked it cause my hubby and I both love music very much.


Apart from singing and dining, we did something special too.

Want to guess what we did?


The 'audio' below says it all. Oh, malunya saya.



Yeah...we made a CD. We could record three songs in a CD. Our idea initially was to have each one singing their favourite songs. But, when it was time to record, my hubby backed out saying that he 'malu'. My son, by the end of the session was so restless that he refused to sing. So, since we had paid for the recording... nak tak nak, I had to sing 3 songs. The song that I chose to show above was supposedly to be the best out of three. Haha... not that I am satisfied with the singing at all.

The recording was done without any practicing prior to that. Now, I regretted for not doing any homework or voice training before going there. But then again, I am sure it wouldn't be fun if it was sung perfectly. With the unexpected extra tambourine sound shaken by my son, perhaps a few 'shhhs' to quiet my son from screaming and the 'out of tune' singing by me, it was definitely one special 'birthday present'. Something I could keep and show to my grandchildren later that their grandmother also knew how to have fun! *wink*

Have a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Nana, Many happy returns of the day. Happy birthday.
A birthday is just another 365 day trip around the Sun....enjoy the trip.
Love that beautiful camera....
Go have fun, and keep well, Lee.

Nana said...

Hi Uncle Lee,

Thank you very much for the wish. We enjoyed it very much.
Haha luckily you have missed 'my singing' which I decided to post later. *laughs*
Have a nice day!

Naz in Norway said...

Happy Birthday, Nana!
Here's wishing you tons of happiness for the coming years.
You sing well :)

Nana said...

Hi Kak Naz,

Thank you for the wish and thanks for dropping by. About my singing, haha no comment la. But it definitely will be something my hubby and I would listen back and make jokes about in years to come. :)

Post a Comment